Hands up who’s excited for spring to come in March! It’s a great time for crafting and whipping up a batch of Easter cookies. Easter is joyful time so it’s worth reflecting that in the colors you choose to decorate your cookies. Think of fresh pastel colors. You can be really creative with the shapes – from hatching chicks to peeping bunnies, you just need to get the apron on and the oven heating!
There are also plenty of other spring treat ideas you can make if cookies aren’t your thing. Cupcake bouquets are a popular choice and can be used for gifts from Easter to Mather’s Day . If you fancy something a bit more healthy, why not try your hands at a fruit tray shaped like an egg or bunny.
1. Vibrant Easter Egg Cookies
To make these egg cookies, start with a sugar cookie base. Then, get creative with vibrant icing and decorations. Use deep purple, bright yellow, and light blue – the more colorful, the better!To make your cookies really stand out, try decorating them using different techniques. You can use gradient icing to make them look like they’re fading from one color to another, or use marbling for a cool, artistic effect. You can even make them sparkle with edible glitter or luster dust.
2. Bunny Cookies
If you want a cute and fun treat for Easter, these bite-sized bunny cookies are perfect!
Here’s how to make them:
– Make sugar cookie dough and use a bunny-shaped cookie cutter to make the cookies.
– Don’t worry about making them perfect – their cute imperfections give them personality.
– Bake the bunnies in the oven according to the recipe’s instructions.
– While they cool, decorate them with colorful icing and edible glitter or tiny candy hearts.
– Once the icing sets, they’re ready to eat!
– Serve them on a platter or in decorative boxes.
– These bunny cookies are great for an Easter brunch or a fun baking activity with your family. Let your creativity shine and enjoy these cute and delicious treats!
3. Cute Baby Chick Cookies
Wouldn’t these adorable baby chick cookies be a wonderful addition to an Easter basket?!They’re easy to make and super cute. Just make some sugar cookie dough and use a Try these cute baby chick cookies! They’re easy to make and super adorable. Just make some sugar cookie dough and use an egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Bake the cookies and let them cool. Then, decorate them with yellow icing for the body, white icing for the eyes, and orange icing for the beak and feet.
4. Carrot-shaped Cookies
Carrot Cookies for Easter. These yummy cookies are shaped like carrots and look like them too. You can use a cookie cutter or shape them by hand. They have a crunchy texture and you can decorate them with green icing to look like leaves. Perfect for Easter!
5. Oreo and Nutter Butter Chicks
Make some tasty and easy spring cookies called Spring Chick Cookies! You’ll need long cookies, orange candies, yellow coating, and candy eyeballs. Kids can help too! If you want more cute animal cookies, try making Easter Bunny Cookies too!
– Orange Starburst candies
– Yellow candy coating
– Nutter Butter cookies and Oreos
– Candy eyeballs
1. Get all your ingredients.
2. Cut the orange candies into beak and feet shapes.
3. Cut the remaining candies in half for feet.
4. Use waxed paper on a baking sheet.
5. Melt the yellow candy in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Dip the cookies in the melted candy and place them on the baking sheet.
7. Add a beak, two eyeballs, and two feet to each cookie before the candy hardens.
8. Repeat for all cookies and chill for 15-20 minutes in the fridge.
9. Enjoy your yummy cookies!